In episode 378, Megan chats to Zhen Zhou about how her experience in business school translated into her blogging career and how that has helped her succeed.
We cover information about the value of RPMs and keywords and when to use which, remember that you don’t pay for in money, you’ll pay for in time, know investing is important to grow, how to diversify your income and getting uncomfortable helps you stretch and grow.
Write Blog Posts that Rank on Google’s 1st Page
RankIQ is an AI-powered SEO tool built just for bloggers. It tells you what to put inside your post and title, so you can write perfectly optimized content in half the time. RankIQ contains a hand-picked library with the lowest competition, high traffic keywords for every niche.
Bio Zen blog about cooking up flavorful South East Asian recipes for her audience because she can’t stand bland food! She also occasionally shares about the life of a food blogger
- What gets you here won’t get you there – be willing to dig into information to inform yourself on what to focus on.
- Investing and treating blog like a business – what you don’t pay for in money, you probably will pay in time. Decide what’s valuable to learn and grow in.
- Get comfortable learning a new skill
- Processes are important even as an entrepreneur.
- Diversification – it’s important to be involved in multiple revenue streams then if one revenue stream slows, another will keep you earning.
- Putting yourself out there – there are benefits to help yourself even if you’re shy or uncomfortable. Practice makes it easier.
- Going on podcasts and sharing on other platforms helps you earn backlinks.
- Thinking about the consumer – put yourselves in their shoes and lean into ways that your consumer would want to receive the information from you.
- Find your community to lift each other up and learn from one another in the blogging world.
- Keep track of your milestones to see progress to encourage yourself to move forward.
Cooking with Keywords
Top Hat Rank
Click for the full script.
💥 Join the EBT community, where you will gain confidence and clarity as a food blogger so you don’t feel so overwhelmed by ALL THE THINGS! Join at the Member level to gain access to a food blogging forum, challenges that will help you grow certain parts of your business, themed content bundles, exclusive podcast episodes, a virtual coffee shop, webinars, a service providers and resources directory and more!
📩 Sign up for FLODESK, the email service provider with intuitive, gorgeous templates and a FLAT MONTHLY RATE (no more rate increases when you acquire subscribers!).