In episode 251, we talk with Bethany Smith about how our audience interacts online for recipes and food information and the importance of knowing how it impacts growing our audience.
We cover information on how users interact with social media and our blogs, what users want from a recipe post and results from her survey.
Write Blog Posts that Rank on Google’s 1st Page
RankIQ is an AI-powered SEO tool built just for bloggers. It tells you what to put inside your post and title, so you can write perfectly optimized content in half the time. RankIQ contains a hand-picked library with the lowest competition, high traffic keywords for every niche.
Bio Bethany Smith helps you become a more confident food blogger. She offers understandable, thorough & well-researched resources, audits, and coaching. You deserve to be confident in your blogging decisions as you work to grow and maintain an engaged, loyal audience. Follow her on Instagram or check out her website for more.
- Bethany survey results looking into user interactions and how they use the internet to find recipes. 59% of people follow social media accounts that are related to food. The reasons they follow – inspiration as well as it’s fun and entertaining
- Need to know how respondents use online recipes
- You can work with your ad company to fine tune where the ads are placed.
- Colors help you make your recipe card stand out, placing a border around it can help too.
- Make sure your Jump To Recipe button actually takes your audience to the recipe card.
- Be careful to title your content appropriately.
- Ingredients aren’t readily available to the audience. Offer substitutions for hard to find or specialty ingredients so your audience can relate to your recipes.
- People aren’t following bloggers for a specific reason, more often to be inspired and for enjoyment.
- Food videos – Focus on adding food videos on social media and youtube.com vs your blog. You’ll get more bang for your buck.
- People watch videos but not usually to learn how to prepare the recipe UNLESS it’s a complex process.
- A lot of food bloggers use too many photos to represent one recipe
Click for full text.
💥 Join the EBT community, where you will gain confidence and clarity as a food blogger so you don’t feel so overwhelmed by ALL THE THINGS!
📩 Sign up for FLODESK, the email service provider with intuitive, gorgeous templates and a FLAT MONTHLY RATE (no more rate increases when you acquire subscribers!).